Saturday, July 4, 2009

Old, new, or inbetween, 5 songs I can't stop playing

This week, a tribute to the beautiful soundtracks which make our favorite movies and video games THAT much more enjoyable.

1) "Howl's Moving Castle Theme" - Joe Hisaishi
I just love, LOVE this song! There are so many reprises throughout the movie that the song takes on many different emotions. Sometimes, it can seem happy, other times bittersweet, and I don't know how, but it can even convey the feeling of loneliness. Great song.

2) "Arrival to Earth" - Steve Jablonsky
Another reason to like Transformers the movie--the awesome soundtrack! Or I should say the score, not the soundtrack. The soundtrack's mediocre at best, but the score is so good! It's been dominating my ipod all week. I also strongly recommend "Infinite White," which wasn't on playlist.com.

3) "Kiki's Special Delivery Service Theme" - Joe Hisaishi and possibly Sydney Forest
I don't know the name of this song because it's in Japanese, but I know it's the theme song from Kiki's Special Delivery and it's not "Town Where You Can See the Ocean," which is another great song from the soundtrack. This song just makes me so happy, I don't think I could ever be sad when I listen to it. It's a bit silly, but when I first moved to Japan and was adjusting, this song somehow made me feel that everything was going to be okay.

4) "To Zanarkand" - Nobuo Uematsu
Ahh, the popular song from Final Fantasy X. It really is one of my favorite all-piano songs and I think it captured the part where all the characters are sitting around a bonfire quite well.

5) "Dearly Beloved" - Kaoru Wada & Yoko Shimomura
This song is sooo good. I fell in love with it from the second I heard the simpler version from Kingdon Hearts I, but I'm glad they made a more complex version for II. This song proves that a melody can be super simple and still be so beautiful! What does it have, like 6 unique notes altogether? But if it doesn't bring a tear to your eye, I'm shocked!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


No comments: