Saturday, July 18, 2009

Old, new, or inbetween, 5 songs I can't stop playing

Hmm, I've noticed I always post in chunks. There'll be no posts and bam! I'll post like 3 in a row.
Oh well.

This week, my music is all about girls girls girls and girls! Some people on the list (especially Demi Lovato and Miley Cyrus) might not really float people's boats. But I honestly like their songs. I know, it's like the equivalent of listening to a song from New Kids On the Block. But I think people should learn to move passed the lameness or whatever bad impressions they have about the artist and just enjoy the music. Cause once you get over it, it's actually pretty good.

I am going to do a block party and then some.

1) "You Picked Me" - A Fine Frenzy
I went back and forth for a year deciding whether or not to buy this album. I just wasn't sure, but I kept coming back and listening to 30 second samples. Finally, I took the plunge and bought it and I don't regret it at all. The whole album is REALLY good, but this song is one of my favorites. She's so young and talented! Which means I automatically have to hate on her. HAHAHA jk. I don't have that for musicians, only for authors. LOL.

2) "Rangers" - A Fine Frenzy
Another great song by Alison Sudol.

3) "Sick Muse" - Metric
I admit--I'm late riding on the Metric train. It seems they've been out for awhile, but I never knew who they were until their latest album. But I like them! They're songs are quite catchy and I like their arrangements. I'd say they're like Silversun Pickups and Yeah Yeah Yeahs combined.

4) "Satellite Mind" - Metric
Another catchy song.

5) "Every Part of Me" - Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus
Okay, here we go. The "lame" part. But honestly, this song is good! Give it a chance to touch your heart!

6) "Don't Wanna Be Torn" - Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus
Same thing here.

7) "Here We Go Again" - Demi Lovato
I really love Demi Lovato's voice. This girl can sing! And I like the song. I believe if this song was re-sung by Kelly Clarkson, it would be a big hit. So let's not discriminate just because she started her career on Camp Rock.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

No comments: