Friday, July 24, 2009

Jonathan Brandis

A young Jonathan Brandis

The Saved by the Bell: The College Years Thanksgiving episode just came on. Aww, Jonathan Brandis guest starred. And now I am sad!

He was my first celebrity crush. Because of him, I subscribed to Teen Bop. I bought (or my mom, rather) every Jonathan Brandis product out there. My friends and I would sing his name in harmony (no joke). When Leonardo Dicaprio first came out, we thought he looked like a melted Jonathan Brandis. How time can change careers.

It was so shocking to find out about his death. He was only 27.

He still looked good in the episode (actually better than I remembered). I found a clip here.

He looks like a young Christian Bale, no? And sounds like him too! Or maybe a real-life Howl from Howl's Moving Castle. The pictures don't do him justice. Aww, he's still very cute in my eyes.

No comments: