Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wild wild west vs. Far far east--Cellphone showdown

One thing I miss about living in Japan--cellphones!
I had the coolest cell phone while living there. But, I didn't have many people to call. So I guess it was pointless, but still...

I'm long overdue for a new cell phone. I'm still using the Motorola Razr! Not to mention it's super ugly because I glued all these rhinestones on it. But when I scanned the AT&T website for options, besides the iphone and blackberry, all the cell phones suck. And I don't know if I'll need an iphone or blackberry. Why can't there be more awesome cell phones that are merely phones instead of mini computers?

So just to torture myself (ahh, typical of me), I went on my long lost love's website--Docomo. Docomo is my personal favorite cell phone manufacturer/provider in Japan. There might be more now, but when I was living there, there were only three--AU, J phone, and Docomo. AU was the cheapest, J phone was sort of in the middle, and Docomo was the most expensive, but had the best phones. And Docomo did not disappoint.

Let's make a little east vs. west comparison, shall we?

In this corner, we have the Far Far East (Japan)













Talk about sleek designs!


And in this corner, we have the Wild Wild West (USA)



Hahaha, OKAY, I know there are better cell phones in America than Zach Morris' Saved by the Bell phone. But, seriously, even still, there is no comparison!

WINNER by knock out - Far Far East!

Is a nice phone in the states just too much to ask for?

No comments: